Note on “Do It Again:”
A quote from Planned Parenthood contained in this article was not preceded with a disclaimer, and may perhaps lead some to believe that Dr. Grant is in accord with it. Nothing could be further from the truth! Dr. Grant wrote a book, “The Issue Is Life,” which reveals his abhorrence of abortion.
You will not need to fight in this battle. Stand firm, hold your position, and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed. Tomorrow go out against them, and the Lord will be with you. —2 Chronicles 20:17
It was a tough time for Judah. The Moabites and Ammonites, and with them some of the Meunites, came against Jehoshaphat for battle. Then Jehoshaphat was afraid and set his face to seek the Lord. All of Judah assembled to seek help from the Lord; from all the cities of Judah they came to seek the Lord. Jehoshaphat’s prayer sought God’s help and God told them to stand fast and He would protect them. He did.
It was not a onetime occurrence. In some form or another it was repeated many times in the Bible. He did it again and again and still does today.
▪ Remember Joseph? He rescued him from the pit. He can do the same for us. Do it again, Lord.
▪ Remember the Hebrews in Egypt? He protected their children from the angel of death. We have children, too, Lord. Do it again.
▪ And Sarah? Remember her prayers? He heard them.
▪ Joshua? Remember his fears? He inspired him.
▪ The women at the tomb? He resurrected their hope.
▪ The doubts of Thomas? He took them away. Do it again, Lord. Do it again.
▪ He changed Daniel from a captive into a king’s counselor.
▪ You took Peter the fisherman and made him Peter an apostle.
▪ Because of God, David went from leading sheep to leading armies. Do it again, Lord, for we need counselors today.
God does not waver and we should not waver either. After three days in a dark hole, He rolled the rock and rumbled the earth and turned the darkest Friday into the brightest Sunday. Do it again, Lord.
SOMETIMES TRUE STORIES
PRIORITIES: Dr. David Jeremiah, in his book Forward, suggests one of the reasons why we flounder in moving forward is a failure to diminish our distractions. And our distractions are often created by a failure to choose what is best. “Understanding that not all things are equally important is an essential part of the forward life,” Jeremiah writes. This, of course, calls for us to set our priorities in order to stay focused and “accomplish what really matters.”
— o —
“I think abortion is health care. And so, if the first thing they think about is health care when they think about Planned Parenthood, I think that’s fine. Planned Parenthood proudly serves all forms of sexual and reproductive health care, including abortion, and I think when we try to exclude it, we’re excluding a critical part of and a critical option for health care.” Alexis McGill Johnson, president of Planned Parenthood
— o —
Said by Yogi:
▪ You can observe a lot by watching.
▪ Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical.
▪ The future ain’t what it used to be.
▪ A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.
▪ Always go to other people’s funeral, otherwise they won’t come to yours.
▪ Nobody ever goes there anymore, it’s too crowded.
▪ If you arrive at a fork in the road, take it.
— o —
Moral Therapeutic Deism – worshipping a creator God who blesses people who are good, nice, and fair and helps believers be happy and feel good about themselves
QUOTES YOU CAN USE
God is not always interested in resolving our situation, but He is always interested in restoring our faith. Ken Whitten
If you want to score a home run, you have to swing like you want one. Bruce Arians
Do small things with great love. Mother Teresa
Every post is honorable in which a man can serve his country. GEORGE WASHINGTON
Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting. NAPOLEON HILL
My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me. HENRY FORD
WHAT AN AWESOME RESPONSIBILITY IT IS TO REPRESENT GOD TO OTHER PEOPLE. Dan Shock
Do not judge by appearances; a rich heart may be under a poor coat.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. Revelation 21:4
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalms 118:24
The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. CONFUCIUS
GOD USES TRIALS TO SHOW US OUR HEARTS, THAT WE MIGHT BE CLEANSED AND THEN BROUGHT INTO THE LAND OF BLESSING — PHYSICALLY AND SPIRITUALLY. Dan Shock