John Grant, Week Nine, 2021
The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. Psalm 19:1-2
Once, when Beverley and I were in South Africa on a game safari, deep in the interior, we chased all sorts of animals in their natural habitat. We saw impala, wildebeest, warthog, Cape buffalo, giraffe and hippopotamus, rhinoceroses, elephant, leopard, and hyena. What a sight it was to see!!!!
Later that night there was a total eclipse. We went out on a dirt runway and laid on our backs. When the eclipse was total, we couldn’t see our hand in front of our face, but what we could see was the heavens as we had never seen them before. Without any other light, we could see thousands of heavenly bodies. All I could think about was Psalm 19 where it says, “the skies display His craftsmanship.”
We don’t have to look deep into the heavens as we did to see the craftsmanship of our Creator. They are all around us. In our busy lives, all too often we miss them. In the normal day we tend not to see them, but when we stop and take a really good look, we see them everywhere…. all around us. The fingerprints of God show His greatness.
▪ We see them when He paints the sky of the setting sun.
▪ We see them in the explosiveness of the rising sun from darkest night.
▪ We can see them in the mountain peaks and in the details of the smallest leaf.
▪ We can see them on the ocean shore and in the details of the smallest shell.
▪ We can see them when we can see forever on a starry night.
▪ We can see them in the beauty of thunderclouds building in the distance or in lightning striking over the water during a late evening storm.
We can see those same fingerprints in the birth of a baby, in the flight of a butterfly, in the eyes of a child and in the life of a saint. Truth is, God’s fingerprints are all around us and all over us. The Master Creator molded and made us and everything.
Let’s stop for a moment and breathe… and take off our worldly goggles and see the world around us and see the creation and fingerprints of God. Let’s stop for a moment and praise Him for His imagination and creativity. Praise Him for being our Great Creator. He is everywhere if only we have the spiritual eyes to see.
Will you look for Him and for His works today?
SOMETIMES TRUE STORIES
The direction of our lives is decided more by the daily choices we make than anything else. And these choices are more influential to the person we are becoming than we often realize. Habits become ingrained, automatic, and often slowly creep into your life so subtly that they become routine. So, if you want to change your life, start by changing one thing that you do each day. The Minimalist
— o —
7 Rules of Life
1) Make peace with your past so it won’t mess up the present.
2) What others think of you is none of your business.
3) Time heals almost everything, give it time.
4) Don’t compare your life to others and don’t judge them. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
5) Stop thinking too much, it’s alright not to know the answers. They will come to you when you least expect it.
6) No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.
7) Smile!! You don’t own all the problems in the world.
— o —
Disposition is important to our overall wellbeing. Harvard Medical School published a finding that an optimistic attitude contributes positively to one’s physical health. In fact, “humor is good medicine.” They conclude that optimism produces “behavioral advantages” and “biological benefits.”
— o —
Sometimes when there is nothing more to say… God’s Word says it all.
No matter where we may find ourselves in life’s journey.
No matter if we have stumbled and fallen and find ourselves in the valley of life.
No matter if we are climbing the highest of mountains striving to reach the apex of life.
No matter young or old, sick or healthy, poor or wealthy, near or far away.
No matter where we may be or what we may be going through.
God’s Word says it all.
QUOTES YOU CAN USE
You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. John C. Maxwell
BACKSLIDDEN HAPPENS WHEN YOU ALLOW ANY OTHER DESIRE, AMBITION, OR PREFERENCE TO TAKE FIRST PLACE IN YOUR HEART AND IN YOUR LIFE. Dan Shock
Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. Dale Carnegie
Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
With every blessing, there is a testing. Ken Whitten
The reason angels can fly is because they take themselves lightly. G.K. CHESTERTON
Don’t wait. The time will never be just right. NAPOLEAN HILL